– Price: $45 ($50)Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
LAN Switching infrastructure is a very big part of the LAN campus network. Layer 2 switching provides a lot of great scalability and flexibility throughout your network. It can also provide segmentation and security between user networks using VLANs. Configuring Layer 2 in any environment can be dangerous if it is not configured correctly. This package also contains our LAN Switching videos from our popular Cisco CCNA series. This training series will provide the following:
- Learn the concepts of LAN Switching solutions that matter in terms of the components and protocols involved.
- Learn how to design LAN Switching as a solution with practical steps, considerations, and tools.
- Learn how to configure various LAN Switching solutions with best practices with step-by-step configuration.
- Learn how to monitor, troubleshoot, and confirm the operational state of LAN Switching in your configured network.
This is what we call C.D.C.M (Concepts, Design, Configuration, Monitor), important for network engineers and consultants to know how to manage a network in real time.
Workbook Solution (PDF), Videos (MP4) [~37 minutes]
Below are the topics included in this training package:
- Video Topics (from CCNA Training Series) [~37 minutes]
- Default Switch Network Configuration
- VTP Configuration
- 802.1Q Configuration
- Creating VLANs
- Configuring Primary and Secondary Root Bridges (for each VLAN)
- VLAN Port Mapping
- Inter-VLAN Configuration on Cisco IOS Router
- Monitoring and Verifying Switch Operations
- Spanning Tree Protocol Presentation (and Example)
- Other Videos
- Switch Password Recovery — NEW!!!
- Workbook Solution (Advanced Design) Topics:
- Concepts and Design
- Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- Virtual LANs (VLAN)
- 802.1Q Trunking
- UDLD Aggressive
- Port Monitoring: SPAN
- Inter-VLAN Routing and EIGRP
- Spanning Tree Enhancements: RootGuard, BPDUGuard, LoopGuard
- Trunk Security
- VTP Configuration Revision Example
- Host-Port Configuration
- Port Security
- Storm Control
- Full Working Configuration and Captures
- Upgrade IOS on Cisco Catalyst 3750 Stack
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.