– Price: $59Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
– Price: $250Buy Now
– Select three training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.e
– Price: $379Buy Now
– Select five training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.
In this training package you will learn how to deploy the F5 BIG-IP DNS system for Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) step by step. With GSLB, the BIG-IP DNS acts as an intelligent DNS server with the capability of looking at the client’s IP and geographically location. With that information, the BIG-IP DNS system can redirect a client to a specific geolocation and resource that is available. GSLB is common for environments with a large global presence that want to provide better performance, redundancy, and usability for their clients.
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different topics which will include the following:
- Overview and Design: starting out in this course, we will talk about DNS in general and provide a quick overview on how it works. We will discuss the main configuration components used to implement GSLB on the BIG-IP DNS appliance. And we will discuss our design, environment, and the general steps we will follow in this video series.
- Overview of Web Servers and BIG-IP LTM: we will provide an overview of the web servers (running WordPress) that exist in our environment and how we will be able to determine which web server we are connected to based on the global load balancing decision determined. Our environment will also consist of a BIG-IP LTM appliance with local server load balancing among two internal web servers.
- Installation and Setup of BIG-IP DNS: we will show you how to install and run through the general setup of the BIGIP DNS appliance (running as a virtual machine). We will confirm that we can reach the BIG-IP DNS using its management IP address and that we can access the web-based interface for further administration.
- Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB): the biggest part in this course will be setting up GSLB across three sites (US, UK, and Japan) with web servers. We will configure the BIG-IP DNS system where any user located in the US (or Canada) should be redirected to our US server farm. Any user located in the Asia continent should be redirected to the Japan web server. And any other user, like in Europe, should be redirected to our UK web server. This will involve setting up many different components from server objects to topology records.
- Review of Firewall and TLD DNS Changes: we will discuss other required configuration such as firewall policies to even DNS changes at the TLD provider (e.g. GoDaddy) to forward all DNS requests to the BIG-IP DNS system(s).
- Testing, Failover, and Monitoring: we will do various testing to ensure that GSLB is working including creating a failure to see what happens in the environment. We will also show how we can monitor the results of our testing.
- Adding a Second BIG-IP DNS and Sync Groups: lastly, we will show you how to add another BIG-IP DNS system, acting as another authoritative name server, spread out across different geographically locations for higher availability.
These will be one of the many things we will teach you in this course to advance your skills as a network or systems engineer.
Below is what’s included in this training package:
- Video Series (MP4 format): 121 minutes
- Network Diagrams (JPEG format)
- Overview and Design presentation document (PDF format)
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different areas. It is recommended to have basic knowledge of the following:
- DNS: it is recommended to have a basic understanding of DNS. In this course, we will talk about DNS and provide a quick overview on how it works including its main components.
- F5 BIG-IP LTM: it is recommended to have an understanding for deploying a F5 BIG-IP LTM system for local server load balancing. Many of the components with LTM is similar to the BIG-IP DNS system in regards to its administration web-based interface. We have a dedicated video series that shows how to deploy the F5 BIG-IP LTM system for local server load balancing step by step.
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.