– Price: $75
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
** $25 discount available for members who purchased the Network Design Cookbook (2nd Edition) **Buy Now
– Price: $250Buy Now
– Select three training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.e
– Price: $379Buy Now
– Select five training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.
In this design scenario using the Network Design Cookbook (2nd Edition), we will focus on building a LAN with a redundant Internet and WAN topology. We will be building a design that we completed for a real customer with a set of specific requirements.
We will use Microsoft Visio to build this customer design for all of its main components based on the requirements. Plus we will write out a configuration checklist for all required and recommended details with our network diagram. We will do all of this step by step completing a design used in a real customer project.
Below are the main solution and services that will be covered in this design scenario:
- Frameworks: LAN, Internet, WAN
- Solutions: Virtual Private Network (VPN) using DMVPN, Firewall (NGFW)
- Services: Switching, Routing (OSPF, BGP), Port Channel, FHRP (HSRP), NAT, General Best Practices
- Network Connections and Bandwidth Services
- Standard/Schemas for Naming, VLAN, and Network Addressing
In this scenario, you will learn how to build your own designs comfortably using the design cookbook. You will learn techniques for completing a design and information to get from a customer or management team.
This training course isn’t based on the CCDE certification track which is aimed for Cisco based networks. Our design training is focused on how networks are practically designed by businesses which consider budget and network engineer preferences.
The video content consist of MP4 1080P HD quality videos.
Video Series (MP4; 1080p): ~7 hours (402 minutes)
- Overview and Customer Requirements
- Building the Locations and General Networks
- Building the LAN Framework
- Building the Internet Framework
- Building the WAN Framework
- Building the Switching Services
- Building the General Routing Services
- Building the OSPF Routing Service
- Building the BGP Routing Service
- Building the Port Channel Service
- Building the Firewall Solution
- Building the NAT Services
- Building the Site VPN (DMVPN) Solution
- Building the Remote Access VPN (SSL VPN) Solution
- Additional Internet POD Design with FHRP
- Additional Solutions or Services to Design
- Building the Connections and Bandwidth Services
- Determine the Naming and Network Addressing Schemas
- Hardware Considerations for the Design
- Final Points and Considerations
Below is what’s included in this training package:
- Video Series (MP4 format): ~7 hours (402 minutes)
- Network Design Cookbook (2nd Edition) – Version 2.0.11
- Network Design Diagram w/ Templates (VISIO format)
- Configuration Details Document (PDF and DOC format)
- Other Supporting Files
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different areas. It is recommended to have knowledge of the following:
- Networking (Routing, Switching, VPN): it is important to have a basic understanding of IP networking, configuration, IP Addressing and Subnetting. You should have an understanding of LAN switching technologies, routing (OSPF, BGP), NAT, FHRP, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), to NGFW solutions. It is recommended to have a Cisco CCNA (or higher) going into this course for best results. If you are new to networking, we have many routing and switching training course. You can view some of those details here: Cisco Routing and Switching and Basic Cisco Networking.
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.