– Price: $50Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
– Price: $250Buy Now
– Select three training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.e
– Price: $379Buy Now
– Select five training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.
- Description and Topics
- What's Included
- Prerequisites / Recommendations
- Network Topology
- About the Instructor
In this training package you will learn how to deploy a HCI solution using Nutanix in a Data Center topology step by step. Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) is a solution where the computing, storage, and network resources are consolidated on a single platform/node that can be clustered together with other nodes to appear as one large logical node without using a SAN.
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different topics which will include the following:
- Overview and Design: starting out in this course, we will first discuss the general concepts and components of HCI using Nutanix products. We will also discuss the design of our HCI topology and what we will setup in this series.
- Building a Multi-node Cluster: we will be build a multi-node cluster with 3 nodes using Nutanix CE. First, we will setup and install each node as virtual machines. Then we will setup our cluster by bundling the three nodes together into one logical HCI node that we can manage.
- Adding Virtual Machines: after our cluster has been setup, we will show you how to provision virtual machines on the HCI cluster and the many components that are required (e.g. storage, network, imaging). We will be adding a simple LAMP server running on Ubuntu.
- Virtual Machine Operations: once the VM is added, we will show you how to perform many VM operations that include migration, snapshots and VM high availability.
- PRISM Overview and Navigation: we will cover a lot about the PRISM web interface, the main pages, and how we can monitor our cluster in regards to alerts, events, and it’s overall health.
- Building a Single-node Cluster: as an added bonus, we will show how to setup a single node cluster which is great for really learning about HCI and the PRISM interface.
These will be one of the many things we will teach you in this 4 hour course. We will teach you how to build a next-generation server infrastructure to advance your skills as a network or data center engineer.
Below is what’s included in this training package:
- Video Series (MP4 format): ~4 hours (234 minutes)
- Network Diagram (PNG format)
- Overview and Design presentation document (PDF format)
- Other Supporting Resources
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different areas. It is recommended to have basic knowledge of the following:
- Computing and Virtualization: it is recommended to have a basic understanding of server infrastructures and virtualization (e.g. VMware). If you are new to server virtualization, we have a dedicated training course focusing on VMware ESXi for provisioning virtual machines.
- Basic Networking: it is important to have a basic understanding of networking, IP, ARP, routing, and switching. If you are new to networking, we have a dedicated training course focusing on basic networking for beginners.
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.