– Price: $89Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
– Price: $250Buy Now
– Select three training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.e
– Price: $379Buy Now
– Select five training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.
In this training package you will learn how to deploy Fortinet’s FortiManager product for centralized firewall management step-by-step. FortiManager provides the ability to manage several FortiGate devices for network configuration, advanced security features, firewall policy rules, to even Virtual Private Networks (VPN) from a centralized web user interface.
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different topics which will include the following:
- Overview and Design: starting out in this course, we will discuss the different ways how a FortiGate device can be managed. I will also discuss some quick points about FortiManager and what it can provide for your environment.
- FortiGate Configuration Review: before we setup the FortiManager system for centralized firewall management, we will quickly review the current configuration for the FortiGate devices that will be used in this series.
- Installation: next, we will install and setup our FortiManager appliance as a virtual machine in the environment. This will include general configuration and defining what the management IP address will be. I will also provide an overview of the different pages available on FortiManager which will mirror may components from the FortiGate’s web UI.
- Adding FortiGate NGFWs into FortiManager: we will cover the different ways how a FortiGate device can be added to FortiManager including how you can add multiple firewall devices if needed.
- Configuration: once we have added our FortiGate devices for centralized management, we will perform several configuration tasks to our managed firewalls.
- Firewall Policies: we will setup security profiles and define firewall policy rules.
- Virtual IP / NAT Translation Rules: we will show how to define Virtual IPs (NAT translation rules) for an internal web server. We will setup a matching firewall policy rule, apply the changes to a dedicated FortiGate device, and confirm that the changes were applied successfully.
- SSL VPN and Full Mesh Site-to-Site VPN: another big configuration task we will do is setup SSL VPN to provide remote access for one (or more) sites that we specify. Plus will setup a Site-to-Site VPN tunnel between our firewalls with the advanced configuration options available only on FortiManager.
These will be one of the many things we will teach you in this course to advance your skills as a network engineer for network security and security management.
Below are the video topics currently available in this series. More training topics will be added to this series:
Video Series (MP4; 1080p): ~129 minutes
- Overview and Design
- Review of FortiGate Devices
- FortiManager Installation
- Overview of FortiManager Web UI
- Configuring Management Interface
- FortiManager Firmware Upgrade
- Provisioning Templates
- Device Groups
- Adding FortiGate Devices
- Administrative Domains (ADOM)
- Dynamic Interfaces
- Firewall Rules and Policy Package
- Virtual IP (VIP)
- Full Mesh IPSec VPN Tunnels
- SSL VPN for Remote Access
- FortiGate Firmware Upgrade
- Configuration Backup
- Review of NOC / SOC Page
Below is what’s included in this training package:
- Video Series (MP4 format): 129 minutes
- Network Diagrams (JPEG format)
- Overview and Design presentation document (PDF format)
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different areas. It is required to have working knowledge and understanding for the following:
- FortiGate Training: it is required to have a full understanding for deploying Fortinet’s FortiGate firewall device. This is a prerequisite for this course since FortiManager is an extension to the FortiGate in regards to its components, security features, and configuration tasks. We have a dedicated video training course focused on deploying a FortiGate 6.0 Next-Generation Firewall step-by-step. You can view those details here: Fortinet’s FortiGate 6.0 Training
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.