– Price: $62Buy Now
– Lifetime access to this training package including updates for a one-time purchase price
– Price: $250Buy Now
– Select three training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.e
– Price: $379Buy Now
– Select five training packages from our collection. We will email you to determine the training packages that you want in this bundle.
– You will gain lifetime access to the training packages you select in this custom bundle for a one-time purchase price.
- Description and Topics
- What's Included
- Prerequisites / Recommendations
- Network Topology
- About the Instructor
The videos in this series is applicable for HPE / Aruba switches running the ProVision or ArubaOS-Switch software.
In this training package you will learn how to deploy HPE/Aruba switches running the ProVision or ArubaOS-Switch software within a two-tier LAN topology step-by-step. When you hear of HPE, you think of HP server systems. Well, HPE also make network switches that can be used in a LAN or Data Center environment. If you have experience with Cisco Catalyst switches, learning how to configure HPE switches will be very easy sharing similar components and operating system.
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different topics which will include the following:
- Overview, Design, and Using the Switch Selector Tool
- Initial Access via Console
- Factory Reset
- Configuring a Management Interface / Network
- Using the Web UI
- Software Upgrade
- Basic Configuration
- Overview of VLAN and Trunking
- Adding Virtual LANs (VLANs)
- VLAN Port Assignment (Untagged VLAN)
- Trunking (VLAN Tagging)
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Layer-3 Enabled VLANs
- Static Routing and Default Route
- Locating a Host on a HPE Network
- Enabling SSH
- DHCP Server
- Access Control List (ACL) and ACEs
- Cisco Catalyst Integration with HPE Switch
- Time Services
- Switching Best Practices
- Using Voice (VOIP) with HPE
- Rate Limiting
- Flow Control and Jumbo Frames
- OSPF Routing
- Port Channel (LAG) using LACP
These will be one of the many things we will teach you in this course to advance your skills as a network engineer for networking and switch implementation using HPE network hardware.
Below is what’s included in this training package:
- Video Series (MP4 format): ~3.5 hours (213 minutes)
- Network Diagram (JPG format)
- Overview and Design presentation document (PDF format)
- Configuration Files
- Other Supporting Files
In this course, we will be covering a lot of different areas. It is recommended to have basic knowledge of the following:
- Basic Networking: it is recommended to have a basic understanding of general networking with LAN switching technologies and IP routing. It is recommended to have a Cisco CCNA (or higher) going into this course for best results. If you are new to networking, we have many routing and switching training courses. You can view some of those details here: Cisco Routing and Switching and Basic Cisco Networking.
Michel has spent the last 18 years as a network engineer/architect. As a 15-year CCIE, Michel loves the opportunity to provide training in a wide-array of network technologies. He formerly worked at Cisco, as well as in government, banking, and non-profit organizations. He has published the “Network Design Cookbook” and a science fiction novel called “The Dark End”. He has also published various iOS applications (virtual Network Engineer, Circlefalls) that can be found on Apple’s iOS App Store. Other software development experience includes python and SDN. Currently, Michel is the owner, Chief Network Architect and Lead Trainer at RouteHub Group, LLC.