In this course, you will learn how to configure the Palo Alto Networks firewall appliance using REST APIs to provide network automation and programmability services to your network environment. Below are the key areas for what you will learn in this course:
- You will learn about the structure and components of REST API requests including the tools (e.g. Postman, Python) for creating requests
- You will learn how you can view, add, update, and delete a wide variety of firewall components (e.g. Objects, Groups, Policies, Interfaces, etc)
- You will learn how you can perform a software upgrade using REST API requests
- And you will learn how you can build REST API requests inside of a Python script to show what you can build further for your own tools to provide firewall automation
You can view all topics covered in this course below on this page under ‘Lessons’.
- DOWNLOAD: Video [ ~4.5 hours / 270 minutes ] including Postman collection and Python script example(s)
- The videos in this series is using Palo Alto Networks PA-OS version 10.0 (and higher) using REST API requests
- This course is focused on teaching you how you can configure and manage the Palo Alto Networks appliance using REST APIs to provide network programmability with your existing skill set. This course isn’t focused on showing you how to configure an interface, a NAT policy, or security policy on the firewall appliance in any details. We have a dedicated video course that is focused on that type of administration.
- It is recommended to have working knowledge and/or understanding of Palo Alto Networks Firewalls and Python Programming for best results to follow along in this course